Last summer, I bought a walnut executive desk for a dollar at the Salvation Army. This weekend I took the plunge and spruced it up.
Here is the before:
Pretty ugly....But very functional. The skirt hides the blocks I have it setting on to raise it to a 35" height to make it easier on my back for cutting fabric.
First thing Russ and I did was to solve how to get it taller without using the blocks. We stacked wood, layer by layer and shaped each layer with the router until we ended up with the legs at the right height.
Here they are, all painted and ready to be put back on the desk.
Here she is all painted in a lovely light shade of pink. Don't the legs look great!
They look pretty good together!
Up next is to get drawer pulls and I need to let it cure a bit before I get too much stuff put on top of it. It's very hard waiting though...
For those who would be interested, I used Dutch Boy Porch and Floor satin finish paint. to get the clean lines on the sides of the drawers I used Frog Tape. It worked exactly as promised. Great stuff!
~ Amy, a redeemed sheep