Charm bracelets are...Charming. Well, they can be. However, my first charm bracelet is anything but charming. I would say it's ugly!! I think my "favorite" ugly charm is the Apollo 15 charm. Where in the world did I get that one!? Actually a better question would be WHY did I get that one?
Left to right:
* The "A" came off a key chain belonging to my grandfather, Al.
* The state of Iowa charm probably came from the capitol when my Camp Fire group visited there. Ummm...Why would anyone want to wear a charm of a state? Ick!!
* Santa...I think I got that from my parents as a gift.
* I have no idea where I got this charm or even what the symbol is! If anyone has any idea, please let me know.
* Obviously the birthday charm is birthday gift. I don't know which one, though.
* Apollo 15. Weird...
* Huck Finn charm from a trip I took to Hannibal, MO with a friend and her family in jr. high. Again, why?!
* Camp Fire Girl's charm. Is it still only for girls?? Hmmm...
I have a brand new charm bracelet. I ordered it from Overstock.Co, and it arrived last week. I've been wanting one for years. I'd really like a 14 kt gold one, but the price is cost prohibitive and adding 14 kt gold charms make it ever more so! I wear two tone jewelry often, so maybe my bracelet will have a mix of the two metals eventually. It arrived with the silver disk and I added the bead dangle. I also added the bead dangle to the Very Special Mom charm. It was a Mother's Day gift from my older two kiddos at long, long time ago. I made the two photo charms. How I made them will be tomorrow's post. :o)
The charm I would love to add to my bracelet is this darling sheep.
I think she is adorable! You can add any bead you want for her body to personalize it. I'm asking for it for the next gift occasion. :o) Yes, I know I am weird. :o)