Ahhh...There is nothing like being able to take a deep breath of cool, crisp fresh air. In fact, it feels so good I think I will do it again.
Six months ago I couldn't do that without coughing and hearing my lungs wheeze. Six months ago today, I became an ex-smoker and in a short time I could breathe deeply again.
Today I celebrate:
- no longer waking up in the night coughing
- no longer having my hair, my clothes and my home smell like smoke
- no longer hurting my family with the second hand smoke
- not having to worry about when and where I can smoke my next cigarette
- saving a lot of money and being able to buy fun things like clothes and furniture and also being able to help those in need
- freedom from the shame
Thank you to all my friends who have prayed for me faithfully as I quit. I appreciate it more than words can express. :-)