Patchwork Swoon and...


The Swoon block is such a favorite of mine and this large Patchwork Swoon is darling! 

I have to say, I love the back and it shines all on its own. =)

I announced on Instagram last week that I got a new sewing machine. A Bernina 765 SE signed by Tula Pink herself. I chose to quilt the Patchwork Swoon using the walking foot and the #4 stitch, a wavy serpentine stitch. I love how it turned out! Eventually I will practice free motion quilting with the BSR (Bernina stitch regulator). I have to do some practice with it before I quilt a real quilt with it. Soon, I hope! 

Have a very happy Easter!!

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

Darling Little Dickens


Making baby quilts for the new babies at my church is a blessing for me. I get to play with sweet baby fabric on a regular basis and I love that!!

When my friend Amanda announced she was expecting again, I knew exactly what fabric I wanted to use... Darling Little Dickens by Moda. Such sweet fabric, don't you agree? Bunnies and bears and sheep, oh my! 

Amanda and Nate chose to reveal the gender after baby is born. I was thrilled when the announcement finally came and it was a BOY! 

I chose to let the fabric shine by using a simple pattern which you can find for free on Fat Quarter Shop

Check out the peas in a pod!! 

And the carrots! 

And the back...I can't wait to deliver this one. =) 

Happy spring, everyone!!

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

Lambkin Pillow


Have you seen the new spring quilt patterns by Nadra Ridgeway @ Ellis and Higgs?

 All of her patterns are seriously cute and I am quickly becoming a fan, however these two have won my heart!

I HAD to have the lamb pattern, of course, and now my couch has one more new pillow. =) 

I think I need to make a lamb mini quilt someday! =)

Happy Spring!!

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

Beautiful Blue


A blue and white quilt has been in my head for a while. After doing some spring cleaning in my sewing room, I pulled out the Pam Kitty Morning blue fabrics out and got busy making some Jacob's Ladder blocks. 

I played around with some layouts before I finished pressing them. 

I decided on the more traditional layout. The seams nested nicely with this option. 

I wanted it to be bigger, so I added some four patches to make a scrappy border. 

Now it waits to be quilted. =) 

Have a happy Thursday!

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

Cleaning Out Stash


Last week, I decided to go on a stash overhaul and let go of fabrics that I no longer loved. I found myself getting overwhelmed with all the scraps and fat quarters of fabric that were stacking up. Some found their way into the sale bin at Cotton Creek Mill, others to the thrift stores. It is so freeing!

I also spent several days doing mindless string block sewing. I ended up making 196 - 6.5" string blocks. That helped to empty my string tub that was overflowing and I was able to cut up more scraps in my scrap tubs and get rid of those, too. String quilts = free quilts. 

I still have these triangle string blocks I made last spring. One of these days I will get them all put together. =)  

Here is a list of the other string quilts I have made in the past.  

When is the last time you did a spring cleaning of your stash? 

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

Cotton + Steel projects


Cotton Creek Mill recently received some Cotton + Steel fabrics, which meant I got to play with it and make a shop sample. =) 

I love the back!! The selvedge was so cute I kept it on. 

I was on a roll, so I dug into my stash and made another pillow cover for the couch. The picnic basket fabric is so cute! Being a larger print, I didn't want to cut it up so it is perfect for a pillow!

And one more small project using the make up print from the Jubilee line by Melody Miller. The bag pattern is a free tutorial by Lori Holt which can be found here: Quilty Zip Bag. I have no idea what I will use it for. I needed a quick small project that I could get done in a day. Zipper bags fit that need nicely. I need to make a boxy bag using this print to use for my make up. =)

What quick projects do you like to make? 

Have a happy Wednesday!!

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

Friendship Love - Sew Sweet Bee blocks


My mail box has been very busy! Here are the Friendship Love blocks that have arrived so far. =) You can find the tutorial for the Friendship Love block on this post. When they all get here, I will get a picture of them all together and decide what other colors I need to add. This quilt will be darling!

From Missy @ Missy's Homemaking Adventures. Isn't the pink heart darling! Cuteness!

Kimmy @ Kimmy Kitty Creations generously sent me three blocks and a mug rug. I had the hardest time opening the package because it was wrapped so beautifully! 

Elaine @ Elaine.summercrafter added an ornament of the block. These ladies know how to spoil and are so talented! 

And check out the quilt label Denny @laughsewgarden included with her block! The fussy cut bird is adorable! Or adordable, as my granddaughter says. =D

Miss Donna @Donna's Lavender Nest knows how I love pink. =) 

Dori @The Red Feedsack sent two blocks and a banner! 

Tuki @tukidre is a new quilter! She has some serious skills for a new quilter. =) Be sure to check out her Instagram page to see her work. =)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a happy Monday! 

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

Happy Valentine's Day


I finally got around to making a heart quilt using this fantastic tutorial by Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew. A big thank you to my Valentine for being the quilt model. =) 

Happy Valentine's Day!

 photo 2015_sig_zpsfk5a9zt3.png

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...